Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Bagster - My Secret Weapon

I have a secret weapon that I have utilized the last two times that we have moved.  The Bagster bag from Waste Management.

I first learned about The Bagster bag when we were making our big move to Texas.  We were leaving a house we had lived in for over 5 years and in that time our garage had been the storage place for all sorts of unneeded, unwanted, and even un-working junk.  You see, in AZ the rules of what you can and cannot put in the garbage can are strict and in Mesa where I lived there was zero curbside trash pick up.  That means that anything outside of your normal kitchen and yard garbage had to be hauled to the dumb.  Without a truck, that didn't happen very often.

When we moved we looked into renting a small dumpster from the city.  Besides the 6 month waiting list, there was a charge for drop off, you could only have the dumpster for a short time, and then you were charged by weight when they picked it up.  It was absolutely not cost effective for our situation.  While on a trip to Home Depot I spotted The Bagster bag.   For $29.95 I could buy a highly durable, woven bag that was designed for disposing as much as 3,300 pounds of debris.  The bag is big enough to hold large construction debris like a full sheet of plywood or even a bathtub.  It was light enough for my young child to put in the cart, I could start using it immediately, and I could keep it as long as I needed it.  All of these reasons make it the most convenient choice for any moving, de-cluttering, or home improvement project.


And scheduling the pick up is just as convenient.  You go online to www.thebagster.com or call 1-877-789-2247 and pick your collection day.  Waste Management will collect the bag within three business days of that date.

You can check out The Bagster bag on Facebook and Twitter and make sure to check back next week when I will be sharing more about moving and how we utilized the Bagster bag.  you will be able to enter my giveaway for a $100 AmEx gift card compliments of Waste Management.





Disclosure Statement
Waste Management partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its The Bagster® Bag Blogger Challenge.  As part of this program, I received compensation to cover the cost of the Bagster bag and pick-up as well as my time.  They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used for the The Bagster® Bag Blogger Challenge. Waste Management believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Waste Management’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations. A winner will be chosen by random and voucher fulfillment will be handled by a third party.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I had never seen or heard about it.

    Hope your week's off to a great start! ;D

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I'd love to try this out when I start I work on my patio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Now I know just how to motivate the Hubby into cleaning out the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw a commercial for that! Neat to hear how it worked out for you. I am going to look into that for our next move! (we just moved about 6 weeks ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori,
    This is great to know...I've never heard of the "Bagster"! I just paid a guy $300 to haul off unwanted items from my garage, attic and storage shed! This would of been perfect.
    ~~~rhonda~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were just told about bagster from a friend and used it when my hubs and dad reroofed our shed. It worked out perfectly and it was completely no fuss on our part. And way cheaper than the other options we looked into!

    ReplyDelete