Sunday, April 11, 2010

How To Train A Dragon

The movie theater we went to this weekend charged an extra $3.50 a ticket to watch a 3D flick.  OUCH!  We won't be going there agin to watch a 3D movie, but the movie we saw was SO worth it:


I hadn't read much about the movie and didn't really have any desire to see the movie.  I am going to be honest and say that if it is an animated flick and it isn't Disney, I can wait until it comes out on DVD.  But the Hubby had heard some great things about it from his 'friends' (they guys from Totally Rad Show) and The Boy was really excited to see it, so off to the theater we went.

And it was good.  REALLY good.  The animation and 3D were great and the story was even better.  Your typical boy is different, everyone makes fun of boy,and boy ends up saving the day (think Chicken Little) but done in a way that makes you feel like you haven't seen it a hundred times.

There were a couple of Dragon scenes that were a little scary for Toots (who is only 2) but besides that it is a great movie for everyone.

And if you go to see it, see if you can figure out what Disney character one of the illustrators of How To Train a Dragon worked on.  The main Dragon looks EXACTLY like him (at least the face)

3 comments:

  1. We've seen it twice now and love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it too! Thank you, I thought Night Fury looked familiar too, but I can't think who he looks like. I even asked my boys and they did not know. Please put me out of my misery and tell me. Just found your site and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica, it is Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. Same animators and he has the same face, same expressions, just a different color!!

    ReplyDelete